By "personal information," we mean information that uniquely identifies an individual, such as your name, email address, or government-issued identification number; your unique financial information, such as your credit card number; and information that we link to your unique identifier(s) or unique financial information. If information is de-linked or de-identified, we do not consider it to be personal information. For example, your postal address would not be personal information if it were included in a list of addresses without names or other unique identifiers. Business information (such as the name of a business or the business address or phone number) is not personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect your name, email address and other information when you register for an account; make a service request (or, if you are a Service Provider, when you respond to a service request); make a purchase; request customer support; leave a review or about your experiences with HomeCloud or Service Providers; otherwise upload, link or provide content that includes personal information such as documents, videos, photos and other materials relating to your residence; or subscribe to our promotional marketing programs. If you are a Service Provider, we collect information about your customers in connection with the services you provide to them through our platform.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Services or when we send you emails, we and our advertisers may use tracking technologies to automatically collect information about you. Automatically collected information may be associated with your unique browser, device identifier or Internet protocol (IP) address, but we do not consider it to be personal information unless it is linked to your unique identifier(s).
Automatically collected information includes:
- IP address, access times, operating system, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), and the web page you visited before navigating to our Services. We collect information about your use of our products, services, and mobile applications, such as clicks, scrolls, features accessed, access time and frequency, errors generated, performance data, storage utilized, user settings and configurations.
- Usage information, such as how many visitors visit a specific page, how long they stay, which links they click on, and how, when and how often they order particular services, and session information, such as mouse actions, pages visited, screen actions and other interaction patterns.
- The computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- If you are using mobile Services, we may collect location data directly from your mobile device if your device allows us to do so. In addition, your IP address may provide an approximate geo-location.
- Transaction information when you purchase a service, such as the date and location of the purchase.
- When you receive emails from us, we collect information about whether and when you opened the email, whether you clicked on the images and links in the email, and whether your computer or mobile device is capable of receiving HTML-based email.
Information Collected from Communications
When you communicate with us, when we communicate with you, or when you communicate with a Service Provider through the Services, via call, text, chat, e-mail, video, or other types of electronic messaging methods, we may monitor and/or record those communications for quality assurance and customer satisfaction purposes. In those jurisdictions where consent is required for a party to record a telephone call, you consent to us recording such calls. We treat the records of these calls, when linked to your unique identifier(s), as personal information.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may obtain information from other sources such as companies who partner with us to offer discounts, promotions or HomeCloud services to their customers or users. If you order a service, we collect information about you from the Service Provider(s) who fulfill the service request. Service Providers collect and provide to us personal information relating to you and your home in connection with the home services they provide and may include it in a project posting or other user submission on the Sites.
HomeCloud also obtains personal information from third party data providers and public sources. HomeCloud may match the personal information you provide directly to us with information obtained from other sources.
When you interact or engage with us on social media sites through posts, comments, questions and other interactions, we may collect such publicly available information, including profile information, to allow us to connect with you, or better understand user reactions and issues. Once collected, this information may remain with us even if you delete it from the social media site(s).
Aggregate and Anonymous Information
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. Pixels (also known as clear GIFs or web beacons) are small electronic images that assist in delivering cookies, provide additional information (such as whether you visited a page, which ad you clicked on to arrive at the Sites, or whether you opened an email) and allow us to compile aggregated statistics. Local storage allows data to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
The categories of cookies we use (which may be either first-party cookies or third-party cookies) are as follows:
- Essential: These cookies are essential for our Services to function properly and to provide the services you request.
- Preferences: We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences.
- Security: We use these cookies to help identify and prevent security risks.
- Performance: We use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our services and to help us improve them.
- Analytics: We use these cookies to help us understand and improve our Services.
- Advertising: We and our advertising partners use these cookies to deliver advertisements, make the ads more relevant and meaningful to visitors to our website and track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our Sites and on other websites.
- Enabling cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work (except for essential cookies) but it will provide you with a better browsing experience.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to manage cookies. The “Help” feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable and block cookies altogether, and when cookies will expire. If you choose to disable cookies, you may not be able to access or use some portions and features of the Services and you may not get the best experience possible. If you choose to delete cookies, you will need to log in again on your next visit to the Sites and re-enter any preferences you have set.
- Your browser may offer you a "Do Not Track" option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and other properties that you do not wish such operators to track certain online activities. Currently, our Sites and Services do not support “Do Not Track” requests made from your browser.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- To opt out of ads on Facebook, Pinterest or Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook, Pinterest or Google Ads settings.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In general, we use the information we collect to operate our business, including:
- To provide, maintain, improve and personalize the Services.
- To analyze trends, administer our websites, and track visitor navigations on our websites to understand what visitors are looking for.
- To connect users with Service Providers and other companies that provide home-related products and services.
- To process transactions, to provide and improve customer service, to communicate with you about your account, changes in our policies or other service matters, and to otherwise manage our customer relationships.
- To market products and services from HomeCloud and our business partners, to optimize marketing campaigns, and to analyze their effectiveness, distribution and reach.
- To develop new products and services.
- To administer contests, promotions or sweepstakes.
- To detect, investigate and address technical issues, security incidents, fraudulent transactions, abuse, violations of our agreements and policies, and illegal activities.
- To comply with our legal obligations and legal process.
- To create aggregated or de-identified data sets.
- To carry out certain short-term activities and other reasonable internal purposes related to the Services, the products or services you purchase through us or your ongoing relationship with us.
- To perform other business purposes described at the time the information is collected or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws.
HomeCloud will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We share information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers that are providing business services to HomeCloud. For instance, we may share information about you with a third-party service provider that hosts the Sites, provides customer service, creates reports or other products ordered by users, sends out emails, serves ads to you on the Sites or on a third-party platform, or monitors or analyzes Services data. Such companies will have access to personal information only as necessary to carry out their work and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
We share your personal information when you direct us to do something that requires its disclosure or when you otherwise provide your consent. For example, if you seek a Service Provider through the Services, we may provide your personal information to them and their information to you. You can always request directly to the Service Provider to opt out of any direct communication from them. Service Providers are responsible for managing their messaging outside of HomeCloud through email and/or SMS, as well as the opt-in or opt-out process for your preference on receiving those messages.
We share your personal information in connection with Services offered to you in conjunction with our partners. If you request, access or use our Services through our partners (which could be a third party) or if you request, access or use their services through our Sites, both HomeCloud and the partner may receive your personal information. We may also disclose your personal information to partners if you participate in their promotion offered through us or you purchase or request information about a partner’s products or services from us.
We may disclose your personal information if we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, to cooperate with government or law enforcement, or to avoid legal liability; to resolve complaints or disputes; to investigate and resolve technical issues, security incidents, fraud, abuse, and illegal activities; if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies; or to protect the rights, reputation, safety and property of HomeCloud or others.
We may disclose personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business or in a bankruptcy, liquidation, dissolution or similar transaction. In the event that we or all of our assets are acquired in such a transaction, our collected information would be one of the transferred assets.
We do not consider the business information of Service Providers to be personal information. Accordingly, we may share Service Providers’ business names, owner/proprietor names, business contact information and other information with third parties for any purpose.
Receiving promotional calls, text (SMS) messages, emails and direct mail from HomeCloud is completely voluntary, and you may opt out at any time. To opt out of promotional communications from HomeCloud, you can contact our customer support team via the chat system on our website or email email@example.com. You can also opt out of receiving promotional emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email, and you can opt out of promotional text (SMS) messages by texting STOP. You may receive a final email or text message confirming your opt-out. Message and data rates may apply. Please allow up to 10 business days to process any opt-out request.
Please note that even if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as emails about site outages, your online account or service requests that you have submitted.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to restrict access to your personal information and help protect it from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no such measure is 100% secure.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR SERVICES
The Sites may contain links to other third-party websites and services, either directly or through advertisements on the Sites. HomeCloud is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites operated by third parties, including our advertising partners and networks. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third-party websites and services before providing any information to them.
CHILDREN AND OUR SERVICES
Our Services are not directed to children, and you may not use our Services if you are under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 18, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files.
California Resident Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Consumer Privacy Act or CCPA permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by HomeCloud to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nevada Resident Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain kinds of personal information (such as name, physical address, email address, telephone number and other personal information collected through a website) to purchasers that will then license or sell the covered information to additional persons. You can exercise this right by emailing us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request.” Nevada law specifies various transactions that are excluded from the definition of “sale”; if you exercise this opt-out right, you will not be opted out from transactions that the law does not deem to be sales.
HomeCloud retains personal information and usage data as long as it is needed for business or legal purposes.
VISITORS RESIDING OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES